Across Arizona Tours is proud to provide clients with tours around the beautiful State of Arizona. Our state is deep with history. Here are some interesting facts about the State of Arizona:
- Did you know that Arizona has more National Parks and National Monuments than any other state in the Union?
- Did you know that the Grand Canyon is completely contained in Arizona--thus our name, the "Grand Canyon State?”
- Did you know that the first European explorers, the Spanish, entered Arizona in 1540, eighty years before the Pilgrims arrived in America?
- Did you know that Phoenix and Scottsdale enjoy over 320 days of sunshine each year?
- Did you know that Arizona has the most square miles of Indian Reservations of any state?
- We are the sixth largest state in area, with only 25 people per square mile.
- Did you know that Arizona just celebrated its 100th anniversary as a state on Valentine's Day, February 14, 2012?
The Arizona state flag was designed with our heritage in mind. The red and gold are for the Spanish who were our first visitors. The 13 gold and red rays are for the original 13 United States colonies. The design of these colors represents the rays of an Arizona sunset. The star is copper because this is our state's most important natural resource. The blue at the bottom is the color from our national flag.
When you tour Arizona, what an incredible state you will see! Arizona has:
- The Sonora Desert, the Only One of its Kind and the Most Lush Desert in the World
- The High Chaparral
- The Verde Valley
- The Mogollon Rim
- The Ponderosa Pine Forests of Northern Arizona
- The Colorado Plateau
What an astonishing change of landscapes you will see as you travel from 1,200 ft. elevation in Scottsdale to the 3,300 ft. elevation of the high Chaparral. You'll be amazed when you rise up to the 7,000 ft. elevation of the Colorado Plateau, featuring the magnificent San Francisco Peaks at 12,000 ft., the tallest in Arizona. You'll be in awe of the haunting sandstone formations of the land of the Navajo. Arizona is rich in astonishing scenery and a multitude of life zones.
The points of pride in the Phoenix and Scottsdale area include:
- Chase Field - Home of the 2001 World Champion Arizona Diamondbacks Baseball Team
- Heard Museum of Native American Culture
- Desert Botanical Gardens
- US Airways Center
- Arizona Biltmore Hotel
- Taliesin West, Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright
- And Many, Many More Amazing Places
Please be sure to ask us about taking your group to visit some of these attractions. You'll be glad you did.
Other areas of Arizona you might want to explore include:
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Navajo Indian Reservation
- Montezuma Castle National Monument
- Apache Trail
- Canyon Lake
- Sonora Desert Museum
- Monument Valley
- Canyon de Chelly
- Lake Powell
Across Arizona Tours would be happy to help you in the selection of a trip or to customize one to satisfy all of your desires. Please call us today at (602) 233-1813
or toll free at (888) 533-1813
and one of our knowledgeable staff members will help you design the perfect Arizona Tour. You can also reach us at our Contact Us